2023/2024 Fully Funded Australia Awards scholarship for International students.
The Australia Awards Africa Scholarship programme is currently open to interested applicants and this scholarship includes Masters, Fellowships, and Short Course opportunities to improve skills and competencies in critical sectors, assisting in the social and economic growth of African countries as well as the Sustainable Development Goals. Australia Awards help to advance African leadership and expertise in areas like agriculture and food security, climate change and adaptation, renewable energy, mining governance, and the fight against terrorism and violent extremism. This directly advances Australia’s interests in the security, stability, and prosperity of the African continent.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023,
Type of Scholarship: Masters
Value of scholarship: Fully Funded
Eligible Countries: Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
In a number of ways, the Australia Awards Africa programme advances and aids Australian development and economic diplomacy goals.
- Alumni use their newly acquired skills to advance their nation.
- Australia is respected and regarded by African countries as a trustworthy partner and a source of knowledge, and connections are made between Australian and African individuals and organisations, forging long-term alliances and future collaboration.
- High caliber, mid-level to senior-level professional applicants from the public, business, and community sectors is eligible for Australia Awards (civil society).
More than 2,000 students from African nations have studied in Australia as a result of the Australia Awards scholarship programme since 2004. This comprises more than a thousand postgraduate academics who completed their Masters’s and PhDs in Australia.
Women and others particularly people with disability and marginalised groups.encouraged to apply.
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- introductory academic program
- overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- supplementary academic support
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component
Applications need to be submitted online via the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) by 29 April 2023 at 11:59 p.m. AEST. Before submitting your application, you must register and prove your eligibility. Applications and/or supporting documents submitted after the deadline won’t be taken into account.
Applicants for the Australia Awards Africa scholarship must fulfill all eligibility requirements outlined in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
Applicants must also meet country-specific conditions and provide relevant documentation to support their application.